Published on: 12 March 2013 | Last updated: 9 March 2018
Information for route planning
The best place to start is the Südtirol tourist authorities websites. Südtirol Rad is the German version, Bici Alto Adige Bici Alto Adige is the Italian version and Suedtirol Bike is the English version. There are 23 routes covering all the major cycle routes in the region - each with a Google map, altitude profile and gps file.
suedtiroler-weinstrasse.it is another of the Süd Tirol sites includes information about wine tours ('Wine and Bike: In Pursuit of the Vine') - some cantine will even deliver wine you buy to your hotel (admittedly not much help to touring cyclists).
Information on individual cycleways
Brennero cycleway (Ciclopista del sole)
Via Claudia Augusta (Vinschgau Radweg/Etschradweg//ciclabile del Val Venosta)
Probably the best sources of information are the main Süd Tirol cycling websites and the Via Claudia Augusta site. However there is some information on the local area sites: Cycling in Val Venosta and bikemeran.it German only.
Pustertal (Val Pusteria)
Information about the Pustertal/Val Pusteria cycleway Pusterbike.
Drauradweg (Drava) cycleway
Resources for Mountainbikers
- Südtirol.info: Mountain biking and free riding
- Mountain-Bike in Val Gardena
- Südtirol Dolomiti Superbike ‘the hardest mountain bike race in the Dolomites’
- MTB Dolomites (Gröden - Seiser Alm - Val Gardena - Alpe di Siusi)
- Val Pusteria / Pustertal - Mountain biking and cycling
- HochPustertal cycling map and flyer
- Mountain-bike in Val Venosta
Sellaronda Mountain Bike Tours in Val Gardena and Alpe di Siusi.
Trains and buses
Mobilcard - museumobil Card (Mobilcard lets you use the public bus and rail network throughout South Tyrol for 7 or 3 consecutive days. The museumobil Card combines two offerings: the use of all means of public transport on 3 or 7 consecutive days and admission to 80 museums in South Tyrol.)
General Tourism resources
- Alta Badia: altabadia.org
- Val Gardena - Gröden: valgardena.it
- Eisacktal (Valle Isarco): eisacktal.info
- Brixen (Bressanone): brixen.org
- Sextner Dolomiten - Alta Pusteria: s-dolomiten.com
- Hochpustertal (Val Pusteria): hochpustertal.info
- Pustertal (Val Pusteria): pustertal.org
- Meraner Land: merano-suedtirol.it
- Vinschgau (Val Venosta): valvenosta-altoadige.info